THE PLEASURE OF READING

I cannot remember when I started to enjoy reading. To read for the sheer pleasure of living in that well woven story and beyond. I cannot...

08 March 2016

No Promises

Do not promise me a fairy tale. No! Please don't make promises. Because my heart is silly, she'll believe you.
There was I time I dreamed of the luscious kisses of knights. And princes whose kingdom was trapped beneath my bosom. Who'd guard my smile with truth and soul.
I wanted you to swear by the stars in the night sky and the moonlight trapped in the salty lake. That my name is the only melody. And the rhythm of your heart beats in acknowledgement.
That time is not yet passed. Fantasies still plague my sanity.
Dancing in the rain and kissing you while the great ocean jealously rages by. There can be no antidote for such portions.
So please don't mention such foolishness to me. Because every word you say is like a sorcerers' curse. It'll bind my naive heart like a poet's muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment